Sunday, September 5, 2010

How It Happened ~

Currently, my Cloth Diaper Mission is in the infancy stage....still in diapers, so to speak (and yes, they are CLOTH diapers!!).
I am but one mama, with two little ones to attend to, so I do need some help! As in my first post, I have had many generous mamas donate diapers to my mission. I have also had many more mamas sell their gently used diapers to me free for shipping (or FFS) or at a reduced price. I know there are many more mamas (and daddies, too) out there that are interested in helping spread the love of cloth near and far.

For right now, I am focusing on Bahia Asuncion, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Why there? It is an amazing community full of the most wonderful people I have ever met. My family and I were fortunate enough to stumble across this remote coastal community and instantly fell in love. It came to our attention that a young mama-to-be there was very interested in cloth diapering her soon-to-be-born baby boy, but was lacking the resources to do so. In a nutshell, the Cloth Diaper Mission was born!!


I began to put my "mommy feelers" out into cyberspace, reading all the for sale or trade (FSOT) threads on my mommy forums and adding a plea for help into my signatures. The offers actually started to trickle in, and soon, I had a pretty hefty newborn stash for this lovely mama-to-be!

So, now that I have had such a great experience with this mama :) I feel inspired to branch out and help every mama in the community of Bahia Asuncion reach "Cloth Diaper Nirvana"!!!

In order to do that, I am asking for the continued support and help from everyone I know, whether on the computer or in real life. I will keep collecting these items so that on every future trip to Baja I will have a lovely stash to pass on :) My ultimate dream in to open up a diaper shop in Asuncion, where I can provide a cloth diaper service to the community at a minimal cost ~ so that even mamas who are intimidated by the "ick" factor of washing can enjoy the benefits of cloth. But, that's another story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment